Monday, October 17, 2011

Lagos State Hand-Washing "Anti-Diarrhoea" Sham

So the LASG decided to teach her pupils how to wash hands *surprised look*

I am all for progress and peace etc, but I am totally against misplaced priorities. I mean, what IS wrong with the Federal Government? What is it with our "supposed" Leaders? Have they no foresight? Have they know vision? What's the role of "Business Continuity"

Ok, so the kids {most of whom live in areas with little or no water supply} get back home and then, what?!?

"Mummy, we learnt how to wash our hands at school today" {imagine the excited kid approaching a thoroughly-frustrated-from-standing-in-BRT-queue-lane-and-subsequent-traffic-Mom}

"Sweetheart, please just go grab your dinner and do your homework"

"Mommy, I have to wash my hands first" {meanwhile, all they have is just enough to bathe on the morrow and cook his breakfast)

OK... I'm exaggerating a bit!

But my point is, as laudable as many of the Govt (State and Federal) initiatives are, they seemingly lack the foresight/planning/ required. It's okay to teach kids basics, but also create an environment to sustain the act.

Speaking about Sustainablity brings me to the issue of the oil subsidy removal.

They (all-of-them) will do nothing but eat it up. They are not after the good of anyone - all they seek is naught but self gratification. ROGUES

No comments:

Post a Comment